Kelly Catalfamo is a freelance writer and journalist based in Los Angeles, California. She has worked for The Associated Press in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Phoenix, Arizona; The Day in New London, Connecticut; and The Boston Review in Boston, Massachusetts.
An insatiable curiosity is what drives Catalfamo to keep writing. She's interested in any kind of open question, and she's ended up in some unusual places in the name of journalism. In addition to crime scenes, the campaign trail, classrooms, court rooms, town halls, and press galleries at the Utah Statehouse and U.S. Capitol, Catalfamo has found herself:
- Sailing on a 173-year-old whaling ship
- Observing a baby orangutan's public debut
- Eating diner food while discussing conspiracy theories about mountain lions
- Exploring a butcher's art studio
- Tasting foraged mushrooms
- Talking to locals at a town dump -- which they say is an important community center
Catalfamo holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a master's degree in journalism from Boston University.
Also seen in:
Just for fun: